Have you recently begun planning your wedding? Chances are your initial focus will be on a lot of the “big” items, such as a venue, catering, beverages and music. But one of the details you’ll want to make sure you take care of with plenty of time in advance is transportation for the bride, groom and wedding party, especially if you’ll be shuttling around town to take photos.
It’s common practice for people in Scarsdale, NY to hire a limo service for their wedding day, to get around town in style and luxury. Here are just a few tips for you to keep in mind when working on booking such a service for your wedding:
- Get it done as soon as possible: This is the first and most important tip we can offer. As soon as you have a day established for your wedding (meaning the venue is booked and contracts are signed), you should book the limo service. You’ll want to make sure the service has drivers and vehicles available that day, and the longer you wait, the more likely it becomes that the service will be booked up on your chosen day. It also gives you more time to research potential services to ensure you choose the best one for you.
- Plan out your stops: Make sure you give your driver a pre-selected list of stops so they can plan out the most efficient route to get you to and from all of them. Your stops could go beyond the site for your ceremony and reception, and also include a variety of places where you’d like to take pictures, or meaningful locations you’d like to visit on the day of your wedding.
- Choose the right vehicle: It’s important you select the right vehicle to make sure your needs can be accommodated. Consider, for example, the size of your wedding party or the number of people you wish to transport in the vehicle. Consider also the length of time for which you’ll be in need of the services, and if there are any special style requirements you have. You’ll find a wide range of limousines and other cars that will be suited for all sizes, styles and personalities, so spend some time looking at the limo service’s fleet to figure out what’s best for you.
- Allow yourself plenty of time: Make sure to give yourself some extra time on your ride just so there’s not a lot of pressure to rush your stops, or to account for unforeseen issues with traffic or pickups. The last thing you need is any additional stress on your wedding day, so give yourself the gift of time.
- Plan your riders: Plan out your passengers in advance to make sure everyone who will be joining you has the necessary itinerary. Common passengers beyond the bride and groom include the wedding party and/or close relatives of the bride and groom.
For more tips for hiring a limo service or choosing wedding limousines in Scarsdale, NY for your big day, reach out to Scarsdale Veterans Car & Limousine Service LLC.