When you have a big event coming up, whether it’s a wedding, corporate event, holiday party or group trip, getting the transportation right is key. The last thing you need is someone upset that the transportation arrangements were the only downside to an otherwise successful event. On the other hand, well-planned event transportation in Scarsdale, NY can make your events seem even more polished and well thought out.
Here are our best tips for getting the most out of your event transportation:
- Know who you’ll work with: The most important step in planning event transportation is to choose a reliable service provider that will be available on the days you need them. Make sure they have more than enough capacity to meet your travel needs. This requires planning ahead as early as possible, so as soon as you know when your event will be taking place, start researching car services.
- Have a (flexible) plan: As you know, event planning can come with many surprises. You should have a detailed plan, but it needs to be as flexible as possible. For example, drivers could be out sick, accidents can jam up the freeways and flights may be delayed. Know what you want to do in each of these situations so you can avoid issues.
- Communicate with drivers and event planners: Having open communication with drivers and the key people in your event administration is important. It’s even better if you can communicate politely and graciously. Everyone wants your event to go well, from the drivers to the attendees, so it never hurts to treat your service providers well.
- Follow up often: Be sure to follow up with your transportation company as well as your key contacts for the event, in case there are any changes or issues of which you need to be aware. The earlier you know about potential problems, the better—and hearing an “all clear” is always effective for reducing stress levels.
- Double-check the routes: Do you know how your guests will get from Point A to Point B, the regular traffic and other issues that could crop up? If not, double-check those routes ahead of time (preferably during the same conditions as your event transportation is likely to face) to ensure it’s the most efficient way.
- Personalize the experience: You can make your guests feel extra welcome with personal touches, such as custom temperature preferences, music, water and snacks and even gift bags.
- Ask for feedback: Finally, when the event is over, solicit feedback from your guests. This will help you figure out if there were any areas that could be improved, as well as what attendees particularly loved. You’ll be armed with that information the next time you need to coordinate event transportation.
Choosing the right event transportation provider starts with finding a reliable car service in Scarsdale, NY. That’s why Scarsdale Veterans Car & Limousine Service LLC should be at the top of your list. We have over 70 years of experience providing transportation—call us today to get started!